2.04.2012

Last Week pt 1

Last week we had the Malet-Veale's visit the Mazatlan Ingles congregation, which is mine.

On Monday my family and I got all our service/mtg clothes and books ready for our full week of activity. It was much easier for me to have clothes ready for every day.

Well, Tuesday morning my mom and I had to travel to California and had lots to do. We had some appointments and other errands. We arrived with enough time to change and head to the KH. That night we had our Theocratic meeting and Ziv had the Bible Reading. I think he did very well with his tone of voice and his added gestures. The B.E. book is so excellent! Plus the # 3 talk on Jehovahs Higher Education was exactly what I needed. Jah is juust so awesome. We also had our first C.O. talk which taught us to appreciate Jehovahs impartiality. It reminded me of how wonderful Jehovah is and how we should try our utmost to imitate Him. Sadly its our tendency to show partiality to others, but we need to remember to be equal towards all. I thought it would benefit every one and also help us out in the territory. We had sat on the 2nd row of the auditorium and the MV's had sat on the opposite side of the row. After the meeting ended I quickly headed to Judy the C.O.W. (Circuit Overseer's Wife -its so much simpler to initial this) She was SO happy to see us. The last she had heard about my family was that we were back in California, which was true for last year. She hadnt recognized us at first from a profile view. Judy said it made her day seeing us back in Mexico even if it wasnt in our past congregation. We talked for like 10 minutes and she brought up a subject which dealt with a dilemma I have. Without even bringing the question or matter up, Judy began telling me about what she did with regards to her two daughters and their education. She added more details and two additional examples of other families and their kids. I felt like crying and watered up when she mentioned the same issue that I am going through and what she did about it with her daughters. It was so evident that Jehovah keeps me in mind and doesnt allow much time to lapse when answering prayers. Oh, the beginning of the week had already started wonderfully!

Wednsday we joined the field service meeting at the KH at 9am. LOTS of brothers and sisters showed up. Oh, there were so many, only 6 would have been needed for it to be the equal number of meeting attendance as the night before. It was a lot of us. That morning my mother and I did a study with a mother and daughter. The rest of the morning we continued doing return visits until the 1:15 meeting. That afternoon I joined Sara DLM, Lily and the Avila couple for RV's.We went to check on 3 of my calls but none were found. Around 3:30 we split from the Avila's and headed to one of Sara's studies. Around 5:10 we left to the KH since we had our Pioneer meeting with the C.O. We arrived about 5 mins before it started. There I met up with my mom and brother since they are Auxilary Pioneering indefinitely. The meeting began and we were reminded on how to improve in showing Zeal, Boldness and Endurance. Good stuff! We kinda kept going for another 10 minutes and some of the brothers from the spanish congregation began to enter the KH. We finished quickly with prayer and then headed outside. I hadnt realize it during the meeting, but some of the sp. brothers had kept about 20 or so other publishers outside the doors while we finished. I thought that was very loving in their part and I thanked those I met. We got home tired and ready to rest!

The next day was Thursday! Thursday we again met at the KH and did more return visits. I was trying very hard to catch all of my calls before Sunday so I could invite them all to the Special talks being given. I found a good number home and with the rest I chose to leave the invitation. I found one call I visit named Anjelica who cant cross to the US. I admire her endurance due to what shes going through. She has 2 kids who are 11 and 8 who are going to school in Oregon while living with their aunt. She hasnt seen them over a year or more ago and has to deal with them being seperated from her for so long. She still has to continue working with her husband and caring for her other 2 yr old daughter...Anyways, she understand English well and speaks it fluently, but doesnt read it. I gave her the Listen to God brochure a few months ago and we've been analyzing it together. I think that eventually I will have to pass her over to the spanish. Again we met up at 1:15 and I joined a couple for afternoon calls. The were Briand and Catherine Murray. I enjoy their company and like conversing with them. We did some of their rv's and checked on Peter. I had gone by the day before and I hadnt seen him. I went again that afternoon and didnt see him either. :( I was dissapointed. They dropped us off at home around 4 and I had some time to rest and tidy things up around the house. Around 6:15 some of the teens started to show up. Gustavo Dlm conducted Teen Nite. By the time we started Chapter 14 we had 14 kids! 14, 14...haha. The theme was on Suicide and we had almost everyone participate. Afterwards we played a few card games.

More happened the rest of the week but I will add more about it either later tonight or tomorrow. :) I also didnt have a working camera but will add photos from other activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment