10.08.2012

Ziv's Study

Two weeks ago my brother Ziv, 12, and I went to his study with this small boy who is 8 years old. My brother has been visiting him for several weeks and had noticed he gets easily distracted. When the new DVD for children came out 3 weeks ago, my brother immediately planned on sharing the video with him. Since the boy also has a younger 5 year old sister she joined us in watching the video.

We began watching the DVD with Juanito and Kely in the bedroom they share with their parents.  Sitting on the beds, we started lesson 1. After having watched each lesson we spoke about what Caleb had done and what we could learn. It was so easy for them to get the point. I myself had not watched the DVD yet, so I thought it was very simple and easy to understand. Something though happened while we were watching lesson 2.

Their cousin, who is also a boy of about 8, had been peeking from behind the door looking at the DVD too. He hadnt said a word, so I hadnt noticed he had been standing there. I really dont know how long he had been there, but once we saw him we invited him to join us. He immediately came into the room and sat next to us. We started lesson 2 again and would pause it so Ziv could ask questions about it. He first asked if they liked Magic or Wizards. Both boys said no, but their little sister said yes, she liked Magic. When Juanito heard his sister say that, he shook his head and hands while saying, 'Ooooooh.' (So funny) We continued watching the DVD until the end.

Ziv then asked them if they had any THING that had magic or involved wizards in their house. Juan said no, he did not have any. Ziv had previouslly said that Magic could involve spells, and curses, like what Wizards use. We asked them again if they could think of shows, or movies, that had magic in them and Juanito again shook his head. His cousin though, did answer after brainstorming a little. I found his answer to be great. It shocked me and Ziv. The boy said, 'Harry Potter. Harry Potter has magic because he does spells.' PERFECT! I was so happy when he said that. I realized at that moment how much good the DVD and the new lessons for children will do. Ziv commended him for reasoning and thinking.

The week after we returned to teach them the Kingdom Song in the DVD. Ziv explained what each verse meant to Juanito and then would sing the verse. Once we had explained all three, we sang the whole Song. He learned the melody so quickly! I was impressed.

This is something small I wanted to share from the several occasions my brother and I go out preaching together. We have been working together more often now. Its helping him become a better service partner and allowing me to learn from my little brother. I can see the methods he uses, or the questions he asks. I hope he also learns from me. :)

Starting tomorrow we have our first official C.O. visit! We all have made service arrangements with both the C.O. and the wife. Thursday we will have them over for lunch. Will share pictures!

We've been good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment