2.17.2013

2/17

It has been 9 months since my family and I moved to Ecuador. Time sometimes seems to fly by, and other times seems to slow down. Recently, it has been flying by on fast forward. It seems like every other month I have to reorganize myself. The weather got hotter last month, and the days are longer, so I can easily feel worn out. Since our primary means of transportation is walking, this weather doesnt help! Doing simple things, like grocery shopping, or going to field service, or going to a cyber, can take much longer. That has been the recent dilemma Ive been going through. Balancing my time with the activities I do and finding time for myself and rest!! I have so many calls and studies, that I dont have enough time to be at home, cook, wash, clean, rest, sew, study, relax, etc, etc, etc!!!

Yesterday I woke up wanting an easy breakfast since my dear friend Monika was coming over to join me for service. I had an egg with bread, and then a lovely accident with the sugar, which caused my morning to last an additional hour. It was cloudy but humid, and walking to my return visits and studies was not so difficult. I was really glad Monika joined me because she will only be here another month 1/2. I started out with a return visit across the main road where I live. I was looking for this lady that was very interested in learning more about her Bible, but found her kids instead. They told me she was going to shower and then go to work. I took that as an opportunity to start a study with them, using the Listen to God brochure. I did the first two pages and then made arrangements to return and talk with their mom. From there we walked on the main road called Via Ancon, another 15 minutes until we arrived at my first study of the morning. She is a girl of 7 and doesnt read. Ive been using the brochure made for teaching how to READ and WRITE. It had proved effective!! She knows about 10 consonants and can now read easy sentences. I´ll share a picture of me with Nicole soon.

We walked some more to my other little girl study, Kely. She is 5 and we read the Bible Stories book with her, though I first use the Learn to Read and Write brochure. We read story number 10 about Noah and the Flood. She is so bright, she understood everything! I also used the Listen to God brochure for more illustrations on Noah and the one thing she noticed were the Nephilim. Then she saw how the demons were flying back to heaven and she said, they were bad and left their kids to die. I said, Yep! I had a few more calls to do, but only visited two more and made arrangements to go back on Tuesday to study with them.

By then, it was 12, and I still had to go buy some food at the market and another plate, since one had broken. (We have precisely 4 bowls and 4 plates, so if one breaks, that means we´ve got to get another one!) Monika chose to join me and we took a bus into town. I am still learning how to shop at the market, becayse I dont always remember the prices of veggies and fruits. I bought some chicken though, and then some tomatoes, onions, bell-peppers, salt and cilantro. Basics!! From there we headed to another store named TIA, similar to a Calimax, or Superior, but 4 times smaller. I bought the plate there and some spaghetti. The were charging me like 2 dollars more, so I made them fix that problem and towards the end of it all, they just discounted the plate. Ok, so by then, another hour had gone by and I was still preaching informally, but was itching to go home. Monika took her bus back to Salinas, and I waited for mine to show up.

Once I got home, I had to help cook!! Lunch takes my mom and I an average of 1 1/2 hours to 2 to prepare and serve. I helped chop up some of what I had bought and cleaned the fridge. What I bought will only last us until today I calculate and then my mom will have to go shopping again. Okay, so lunch was done by like 2:30`pm and then I still had to clean the kitchen. Another 30 minutes, to leave it perfectO! Our meeting is at 6pm so I thought I would have time to make some Mangoneadas, and I did!! I also made my dad a drink since he was outside working on this super neat CaƱa table.

I was done by like 4:30pm and had to get ready! Since that morning I had made arrangements to take my study Nicole and her mom to the meeting, I had to go pick them up! My dad didnt want to go to meeting, so we left and stopped by my studies. They werent able to go because they had just finished killing some chickens they had been ordered. Its really gross to see that, but its their job! Anyhow, we walked from there to the KH, which took like 10 minutes. En route, I saw like another 4 witness families also walking to the KH. It felt very satisfying to be a part of this Organization.

Okay, so after meeting we were invited to Ice Cream and I felt like that was a way Jah said, ´Good Job, for going to meeting! Here, you deserve an Ice Cream!´  Yeah, so I got home after that, again cleaned the kitchen and left it spotless! Our young neighbor came over and talked with us until I finsihed.

That was what happened yesterday! What else is new?!?!

TODAY, was the National Voting Day. I had to go vote for the first time in my life, since that is the law in this country. It was quite an experience, though I didnt really have to sign anything because I want empadronada, whatever that means. We were filmed by this camera crew and then had pictures taken of us, because we were the first women in our group to show and vote. Hahaha, how funny. Well, all witnesses had to vote today, but check all options to then make the vote become anulled.

I also gave my first English lesson to an 11 year old. She needed help with an exam for her new School. I taught her for 2 hours and got 10 bucks. NOT BAD AT ALL here, since you get 5 to 10$ a day here.
I was so nervous, so so sos so, nervous! But, it all went well. I am spreading the word to anyone interested! SO, if you know of anyone in EC wanting to learn English, let me know!

Thats practically all thats new. I know more is going on, but for now, thats a resumen of whats up here.

I am making plans for this Summer to take an Online Course- TESOL. I am excited about it!!

Well, anyone can email me! Or write me! Ive got a  Facebook account for the first time in my history. I also am 18 now! SO, that just automatically adds a lot more responsibility on my shoulders!!


TTFN!!

Mua!

No comments:

Post a Comment