12.17.2014

Slow Motion

In the end of September I finalized my three specialized courses of TESOL with an American Institute, and all of it was online. I felt relieved and at peace for completing the course. I also had the happy surprise while finishing an assignment during August; my teacher was a Witness too! In October I was given a lovely gift from my maternal grandparents. They had booked me a roundtrip ticket to Guadalajara, Jalisco! It has been a city I've wanted to visit for several years and I had previously mentally prepared an itinerary of a trip out there. As always, I would give my fullest support in the ministry in the local congregation and hopefully visit others. I spent three weeks out there and was able to visit Zacatecas for 3 days and hop over to Aguascalientes for a weekend. My grandparents had purposely chosen this time of the year because the whole city would have its Regional Convention that last weekend of October. What a marvel! We had the privilege of being connected to the Mexico City International Convention, along with 55 different locations throughout the Central American branch. I really enjoyed the trip to inner Mexico. I learned a lot from the family I stayed with and truly came to appreciate all they did for me. Something I had to do all the time was preach informally. I just took advantage of the opportunities to talk to everyone. The amount of people in the downtown area is ridiculous, but fascinating to see. The food was so delicious and I'm not afraid of trying new things. I had a very good time while on this last-minute trip. I even met brothers and sisters from the Japanese congregation and was able to see some familiar faces. The day after I got back home, we had our Regional Convention in the Rosarito Baja Center. Since that weekend, a month has gone by of such busy activity in the ministry. I have 5 different studies with young people, and I love the fact that they reason about what they are learning and challenge me to investigate. The weather has become cool again, with rain coming and going every other week. The individual effort I've made to motivate some of the girls from the hall has also seemed to give fruit. The elders told me that one of the girls I befriended has decided to pioneer, and since last September, she is now a new RP.  Last week another new friend told me she approached the elders because she wanted to become a publisher again. She was given the green light and today she joined my mother and I out in service. We had a long full day of activity and I felt very happy having her by my side, finally out in service! I haven't gone to the Assembly Hall since Summer, been thinking of applying there again. I also have had temporary work in mind....which would involve applying to the NY branch. Exciting thought. Lots of different opportunities to try out and go for. A lot more on my mind too. Do not want to date yet either. Several of my friends are getting married, which all makes me happy. My brother is growing, trying, I know, to grow up to be responsible and balanced. Deciding on his opinion of things, and analyzing everything. But, still a very studious boy and a lover of Jehovah.
There have been so many special little things happening, or such funny service experiences I've had, but I just haven't posted any. Everything takes time. I also still miss Ecuador and love hearing news of the advancement in the small town I'd go to each Monday. Let's just fast forward from last year to now. After the special pioneers were assigned there, and the group was formed in that small little town, they are now a new congregation!! I cannot be prouder or have such an immense feeling of satisfaction from having formed part of its early beginnings. It feels incredible and makes me want to really go back to see it all blooming. Yep.
Well, I post pictures on my Instagram. New little app I began using since last year, but it probably gets updated much more frequently than this blog. My username changes sometimes, but for now its: wordshavegone. Oh and I am thrilled beyond words about our new television website. I love being informed on the different advancements of our work worldwide and its an amazing gift.
I will go see my aunt and uncle this Friday with the family. It's such a mentally appeasing thought to be with my family, so sometimes its necessary to actually see them. So, I'm very happy we will be going for a few days.
There you go..

Sincerely,

Izmir - Janai


(Born in 1995)


No comments:

Post a Comment