10.21.2010

Brief Overview

Hello Peeps!                                                                                                         


 This is Izmir-Janai and I am going to give a brief overview of what's been happening  in Mexico since we moved here 3 years ago! October 31st is the official day we moved here. OK, Here it goes!

We first started attending the Mixteco meetings (an indigenous language) , but sadly there were no youths there and my brother and I needed association, that was important to my mom. We checked out the Spanish cong. and started going to the book study near out first home, which was nice but the hall was packed with publishers. So, we were wondering if there were other avenues to choose from. One day we went out to eat and guess who we heard sitting next to us? Some brothers from the English congregation. We didn't know there was an English in Rosarito, so we checked it out. We liked it and decided to support it since there was only 1 elder. We stayed until there was sufficient help and when a new group was formed north of Rosarito. We helped the group from its beginning in mid February and continued helping even after it became a congregation a month & 1/2 afterwards. A picture of our first meeting follows.

We've been in that congregation, which has since been named La Cuesta Ingles. Last month we had a few new publishers join us and we totaled 45. We have in total 26 pioneers. It is a very united congregation and has a nice mix. I really liked it. But sadly, we have had to move due to unforeseen occurrences and money. I will definitely miss it, since it felt like a family.
For the time we have moved back to the Rosarito congregation which has also changed since we left it. It was divided again to a southern group, so a few faces that I knew have left. We will view this as an Adventure, help it flourish again. Plus, I saw a few new faces at the meeting last week, so I will probably make new friends too. So now let me backtrack a bit. In July we had our Circuit Assembly which I thoroughly enjoyed. In August we, my mother and I, had the privilege of going to the Pioneer Service School together in Playas de Tijuana. We had such an amazing time, learned so much and got to make friends with such experienced brothers and sisters.  It was so wonderful and I am really glad I got to go with my mom. We also had some friends come visit us from Ecuador last week. That was such a nice little reminder of our friends who are over there. I wish I could go! I am hoping that I do get to make plans after November.  Meanwhile, we've been packing to move to a new place. We are also getting ready for our long-awaited Assembly in November. I really can't believe it is so close! 1 month to go! Yippee....! I am really happy and can't wait.
 Below are some pictures of some events that have happened in the last few months.
Will write more soon. I have to continue packing!

1 comment:

  1. aww this is really nice! you need to write more though, more experiences of when you go to ecuador! For example, the rivers you cross, the volcano you dive into, the cuy you eat (an indiginous animal {looks like a hampster}),the mountain chains you climb, the flourishing green jungle you peirce, n of corse the overwelming sea you admire!

    ReplyDelete