10.25.2010

A Day with just Ziv and I...

We woke up at the sound of my mom telling us, 'Wake Up, Get Up...Its time to get up!'. That sound alerted us to the reality of getting up and starting our day. Today, we would pack and pack some more. Later in the afternoon we would have rehearsals. We also had our meeting that afternoon, but we would need a ride to make it, since my parents would be at our new place getting it ready for us to move in. Time flew! We called a sister to ask her if she could pick us up and she willingly did...we only had a few minutes to get ready! We heard the honk outside and quickly left the house. At the Kingdom Hall we had the option of sitting alone or with somebody. My brother wanted to sit with a sister whom we like a lot named Glenda, so we did. We were able to talk a bit to the brother who came from San Quintin to give the discourse before the meeting. I hadnt realized that we had already met at the Going Away Party for the Andrews the day before. This brother and his wife came for the weekend to give a total of 3 talks in the neighboring congregations, like many others do too. He did a really good job...I truly enjoyed the theme which was about family. Afterwards we had the W.T. Study with brother Cobb since brother Andrews, the one who usually conducts it, is moving away. I liked the way he did it. Very mm precise. Well, once it was over we had to make plans to get a ride to rehearsals. The brother we were counting on wasnt going after all, and we didnt have any other option than to go home. I was hoping something else would happen, but nothing. The sister who had offered us a ride was already waiting outside to take us home, so I had to think quick. I chose to just go home...because the only others that I could count on had already left. Yet, as I started to say goodbye on my way out, a brother stopped me. He asked me, 'Are you going to Rehearsals?', and I replied, 'Are you?'. I had forgotten about this brother! So right then and there I made arrangements to go with him to rehearsals. First though, I went to apologize to the sister and to thank her. I also went to get my brother who was already in the car waiting to go home. YES! We would make it! So we quickly transferred our stuff into his car and left. Once we got to the other Kingdom Hall we started to, well, rehearse! I wont say anymore, but it was fun. While there we also got to meet some of the Spanish brothers who were fixing one of the walls outside. We were there a few hours and by the time we got home it was around 7:40pm. My parents had also just arrived. Thankfully my mom had come by earlier and put food in the Crock Pot. I was really happy, exhausted and tired. But, Im sure many of you had that feeling of a happy tired. Anyways, I felt that way.  We ate and started to chill a bit. We watched one of our family shows: Amazing Race. Afterwards we watched some of the Latin America show. Then, we came into my room, moved the things off my bed and dozed off.
Today, I got up and found out that our living room had leaks and that my moms room did too. I didnt know why until I realized that it had been raining the whole night. And I didnt hear anything! That is a shocker! Well, I did my bed, went to the computer and read the daily text and headed to the kitchen, of course. I had some cereal and started my day again with more packing. I did that all day long! I didnt realize how much clothes I have, so I had to get rid of some. My brother was with me part of the morning and then left with my parents to clean and paint the other house. I stayed and took on the duty of housewife. I washed, cleaned the kitchen, continued to pack, was a secretary and cooked. It was a long day! Ok, so anyhow. I was able to have some happy conversation with some friends from Oregon and my aunt. I finished cooking and washing and  by that time, my mom was home. Time flew by again! It was 6pm when I started to cook, but by the time we actually sat down to eat it was 8:40! We had our Family Worship and were able to converse. We then put on a drama. Ziv fell asleep and I got up to finish this. I will write again and upload the pictures of how my room looks at this moment. Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment