10.23.2010

Yesterday & Today

Yesterday I had a very nice day. My brother and I went out on service with our old congregation to pass on our last R.V's. We enjoyed the company of our 'old' friends, who included Fabiola's crew, Montana, Gentry and Ziv. We visited a study of mine who is 9 years old and I passed her on to Edna. Later in the morning we were invited into the home of a family who's father is studying, yet mother is already a Witness. We ate some bread and chatted a bit. Afterwards we all dispersed and went our separate ways...Gentry and his kids gave us a ride back home, thankfully. When we got home we semi picked up and I say that since we have boxes everywhere.* Afterwards we studied the W.T. and then helped my mom out with some cooking. I showered, got ready for our new meeting schedule, Fridays @ 7pm and left. The meeting was wonderful as they all are, and I enjoyed seeing my friends, exchanging encouragement and sharing laughs. We also heard the great announcement about our congregations name changing to Mazatlan Ingles. That will be a change we will have to get used to. Oh and we also heard that the southern groups name is actually, Vista AL Mar. A lot of people thought it was Vista DEL Mar. Anyways, after the meeting we got home and got our stuff ready for service the next morning. Then, we slept!

This morning we, referring to my brother and I, got up earlier than usual to go out with Sister Valerie and another sister. It was a very fresh morning but people were out! We did talk to a few but the majority were non English speakers. We chose to support the southern group this morning and it was our first time preaching in their area. I enjoyed it, it was a good morning. We stopped around 12:15. We got home we changed, picked up-again-and cleaned the kitchen. My parents had gone to our new home and started to clean it, so we had to continue busy while they were gone. Once we finished with the kitchen we started getting ready to go to a couples Going Away Party. They will be heading back to Arkansas were they have another daughter, while one stays here with her family. We arrived a bit after the time mentioned in the invite, but so many were there and so many kept arriving. It also was perfect timing since the food was just being served! Mm...I had some good food, and among it was the Famous Loflin Spaghetti...So good!  It was a fun time to get together and see friends. The couple, the Andrews, also seemed to be enjoying it, since I saw Bob taking many pictures. I will miss them. :( People started to leave once it started to get darker. My mom had also left a bit earlier to feed my dad since he was checking our new place. Meanwhile a group of young ones and some adults went to the beach to start a bonfire. We played some soccer and also built a hut out of some sticks we found. We got sandy and wet too, but it was fun!  My parents came to pick us up and we left...happy and sandy! We got home around 7:30pm and got clean. I then started doing my Avon Order online. Once I finished with that I helped my mom. She was looking for a show and couldn't find it. Now, I am here finishing up my update. So, spread the word to my friends and let others know about this! Good Nite! Oh and apologies for not uploading pictures... :(
Will write more soon.
:)


* I found out that the house we are moving into includes a dog!! I am happy, but at the same time it will mean more responsibility...I'm still excited!

1 comment:

  1. Izmir, Love your Blog Idea...
    And about the dog, yeah they are more work, but you will see why they say its a man's bestfriend. They never leave your side and are always happy to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete