12.27.2011

NY-2---tUES, oCT 25TH

Hello Friends....
   I have really wanted to write down and share what Ive done, but havent had much access to Internet. Anyways, heres my 2nd email! The day I left was Thursday and we flew from Orange County for about 4 hours to Minnesota. We stopped for a bout 1 hour and then had to wait a bit longer due to a delay. I tried to connect to the Internet while we waited, but to no avail. We flew out from there around 7:55, local time. We flew for about 2 more hours and I read a new book on Princess Vicoria as a young woman. The flight was okay, except for some mild turbulence. After landing, we waited for the brothers who would host us to arrive. It took them quite a while, but we finally met. My mom, brother and I stayed with Familia Vega and the rest of my family went with another family. That day we went to bed around 2:30am. The next morning, which was friday, we slept in until 10 NJ time, 7 CA time. The Vega Family had already left either to school, work or service by that time. Around lunch time my family had come by to pick us up in a van, and we headed to Sesaucus. We went to a family friends home and had chicken for lunch. We drove by the Stanley and my camera stopped working that afternoon. I was very very very very very dissapointed and still am!!!!!! We drove into New York and I loved seeing the lights, the trees and buildings. We headed to Times Swuare that evening and went home around 12am. I got soo many postcards and went window shopping. We went to the Hersheys store and M&M'S Store. I also saw the Statue of Liberty from a New Jersey tourst spot.That night we stayrd up taling with the Vega mom and boys until 3am.  Saturday we went to brunch and met up with some more old friends. I met their kids and enjoyed meeting them. I also had a Snapple.  Later that day we drove around again into NY. By saying into, I mean going trhough a tunnel that has been built under th river. It was an icredible feeling, I had never done that before, and it lasted 2 whole mintues. Anyways, I saw lots of bldgs getting remodeled and a few film crews. We drove trhough Boradway, 5th Ave, near Grand Central Park, and a loong Avenue filled with expensive shops. Oh, we had also gone to Ground Zero, whihc hadnt really interested me before, but my, was it overwhelimg! Ok, I loved loved seeing the people. THAT  in itslef was something Ireally enjoyed seeing. Their styles, hairdos, clothes, or ethinicity..Its so diverse. Ok, so we snakced on a Pizza slice, and I was idssapointed. Sorry! I look froward to another one though, and hope this one is actually AMAZING! What else??? Oh, we had Colombian food in the late evening and I liked their special pan. Yummy! I also liked a smoothie Ziv bought. A lot of the stores have such cute names!! I wrote a whole bunch down. Plus, we stopped wuickly to the MET. OH MY!! IS IT beautiful!!! I loved it, so impresive. I just saw the girft shop( which was hugeee) and bought a postcard and pencil. I also finally, finally had hot chocoalte! Ok, so we went home again around 12.  Uhm the next morning was the Vega mtg and we joined them. Went to the Stanley Theater and actually got inside. It was gorgeous, I was so enthralled by its magnificence. I am still in awe. Well, the Chinese Sp Day Assem was going on and we found this sister from Miami whom we saw In May. Ot was really nice seeing her. Another brother also showed up with his family to give us a tour. I lvoed Stanley!!! From then we had lunch with another family, and they gave us Portgoguese food....delicious! After drove to another sisters, but wasnt homeo or either we didnt find the right home. That late afternoon we just went back to the Vega home and the rest of my family did too. I organizned my luggage and then spent some time with our new friends and their neighbors watching Utube in the Living room. We played some cards and also went to get IceCream. Ok, so I have to go now...but I still havent even talked about today. TODAY was IncredIBLE!! We went to WLK and we had lunch with a sister I know. She was so nice to us and let us see 3 other extra locations. I did a frame, Ziv fixed a box...you know, like the borthers do in the DVD's...super fast! Yeah, he got to do that. I just loved it. So, we were there from 10:45-3:30 or so. Lunch was yummy, I got to meet quite a few brothers, saw new literature and felt so great. I am now at a Hotel in between Patterson and WLK. We go to Patterson tomorrow. It is so beautful here. The landscapes, the weather has actually been very nice, and everythign!! I am really enjoying myself. I will try to write again tomorrow afternoon, and maybe I can give more details tomorrow about today. I hope you are all well. Im SO happy Teen Nite was awesome last week. Miss it! Take care!!
Hugs,
Izmir :) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment