12.27.2011

rOSArito Baja News-2

Hello Friends,
 
  So this week was eventful. We had a family visit Rosarito from Washington and they joined our congregation in the preaching work. On Tuesday my mother and I went to study with a mother and daughter, respectively. For lunch we had some Salvadorian Pupusas. Wednsday morning service and for noon time, a sister had some girls over. We made some jewelry. Thursday we had a busy day. That morning I was partnered with Christina, the daughter of the family which came to visit. It was a great morning, and I showed her some Spanish expressions and introductions. She was able to place a book with a woman who showed interest. Her dad, Bruce, also found a woman who had just been asking for someone to visit her and comfort her. She has known about the witnesses for over 20 years, and after just having heart surgery, she wants to start studying. He was very excited and I think the whole group felt happy. Around 11:20 we stopped doing territory and moved onto doing calls. I had the Pioneer Mtg with the Elders at 12pm, so they dropped me off at the K.H. The information that was discussed was encouraging and definitely stimulating boosts. We all need to be joyful! Since a small lunch was prepared for the pioneers we went to an elders home immediately after. We had taquitos and some rice and beans. I thought it was nice and the food was yummy. The Washington fam picked me up and took my brother and I to the beach. We walked around osme curious shops, walked on the pier and soaked our feet on the icy cold ocean water. We had some icecream and the they drove us home.
 About 3 months ago I started to have this small gathering at my home every week, and we've chosen to call it Teen Nite. We read one chapter of the Young People Ask bk Vol. 1 and once we're done, we usually play a boardgame, cards, etc. It allows the young ones in the area to become familiar with one another, and also lets us express our thoughts on various themes in a spiritual manner. I know that many of the youth have appreciated it, and are upbuilt by their peers opinions. We each are trying our best to serve Jehovah and individually have our setbacks, so its motivating. It is always conducted by a teen bap brother, and my parents though not involved in the discussion, are chaperoning. Anyways, Thursdays at 6pm we have it at my place. The 2 teens from WA, Paul and Chirstina, helped my brother and I set up the living room. Soon enough, we had the house packed iwth 14 kids! We did the chapter on Health and had a lot of feedback and comments about it. I think each individual set a goal and hopes to implemetn what was learned.
 Ok, so Friday I also went out preaching and was really hoping a young girl would study with me. All week, since Tuesday, we had been calling eachother to set a time, and it did not work out! I hope that this week we actually do get together. I had my meeting that night and we were told that our Circuit Overseer visit is in 1 month. Im getting very excited about this upcoming visit. He is Rick Malet-veale and was one of my Instructors. He's originally from Canada and has served all over Mexico, as well as in the Caribbean. His oldest daughter got very sick last year and she had to go to Canada. Since their daughter was in a critical condition, aftr having one leg amputated, their service here was put on hold. He is finally back and Im really hoping to see him. Oh, one quick fact. When we first moved to Mexico 4 years ago, the whole country was divided into 4 Enlgish circuits. Now there are 7. Still, since one circuit alone is so large, we needed Sub C.O.'s throughout the country. For example, when Rick was here he had so many congs and groups to visit throughout baja and sonora, like 40 or more, that he just couldnt do it within the year. The work here is increasing tremendously!! We need brothers who are willing to work hard and give their energy to Jehovahs service. A scripture that is often used is 1 Corinthians 15:58...we should always have 'PLENTY to do' in the work of Jehovah.
 
 The weekend was also pleasant. Service in the mornings, and dinner invites. I will include more facts about service here in Mexico too. Oh, and thanks to those who sent me your experiences. I enjoyed them thoroughly and its evident how Jah, everywhere, is speeding up the work!
One last thing, remember the family I mentioned that came to visit from WA? Well, it was their first time in Mexico. They drove all the way from their town to check out the service here. They were able to stay at the house of a brother who lends his home to anybody that is going to focu on the ministry. ( He'll do the same with you too! Unless, you stay with us...) After being here only one week, they have chosen to move here. They will start to arrange matters back home to make that a possibility. Paul still had to finish HS, so once thats over, they seriously are planning to come to Mexico. I just wanted to share that quickly and ask that we pray for them too.
 
   Bueno, eso es todo for now! Keep it Up!!!!  
 
 
Izmir :) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment