7.03.2012

7-3

Two British sisters arrive from London on Monday and will stay in Ecuador for 3 weeks. I am so glad that they have made plans to come. We will include them in all our service arrangements and also take them to Cuenca.


I have been doing very good. Sometimes I think of something in particular and it might make me sad and darken my mood, but I need to remember of how good its going here. I also am making new memories.
I am walking and exercising more, so that makes me happy. Friday we went to the beach and I trotted a bit. This morning I also went to a Zumba type of class the government provides for free.


Friday evening some friends went to the Santa Elena park and had hamburgers and smoothies. Their company that day was what I needed. They day before I had felt down and a bit negative about the way some teens treat you here at first. Thruogh out the day on Friday, I got two different calls and also many emails from friends in Mexico. So, getting those calls and emails were very encouragin and I doubt it was a coincidence. Its as if Jehovah is assuring me of his care and concern. 


On Saturday we went to the Malecon in the evening and saw a TV show being presented live. We got in the crowd and were filmed. My brother was more notably seen. Its a dancing show for the country called, Baila Ecuador! Its a dancing competition amongst different cities in the country and Salinas participated. I was able to also see them film the routine about one month ago.


The Soccer game we went to was incredible. So much adrenaline rushing. The Barcelona team won by 3 goals. I loved yelling and being in the crowd. I also was able to meet two of the players and take pictures with them. I was allowed to go into a tunel, which is the entrance for all the players, since I told them I am a photographer blogger. I really am though, so it was super cool going in. My cousin also turns out to work there, so he went even farther in and took pictures. After we went to the hostel of another brother in Chulluype and had dinner.


Yesterday a group of 15 went to the villages and we all had good experiences. I am developing interest on 3 calls and have started 2 studies. It feels great seeing people react to Bible truths. Its so satisfying. After a long day out walking and getting bit by mosquitoes we drove to Ayange. Its a popular beach spot and all the kids got in. It was Genesis, Erick (her brother). Josias, and my brother and I. I love the driving to a from part of the trip. We laughed so much on the way back and sang.  I will include pictures of everything later this week.


This week I will get things ready for the sister that are coming and also preach lots. I know have 2 studies for sure, but I think I will be able to count another 2 this week. My brother has also started his own study and my aunt has several too. My mom has been doing so much for us that she supports us by joining us on our calls and in the afternoon service.


Kk, Thanks to those who have emailed me or sent me messages!


KEEP ON ENDURING!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting it is to meet brothers & sisters from different parts of the world!!! Then to actually be out in the ministry with them..how encouraging!!! Our greetings to them from California :)

    Mari

    ReplyDelete