1.16.2012

Thursday

Thursday:
Thursday was another service day. I went out from the Navarros home, accross the street. Sandra L. took me and my brother to our study with some siblings. I studied with the sister, Tanya, and Ziv studied with her little brother Adrian. I study chapter 1 from the BT book with her. Ziv is reading the Bible Stories book with the young boy. He likes learning. We were picked up about 30 mins later. The car group and I did some NH's in the area. We found about 4 who spoke Spanish and added that. We also found a sister from the Mixteco congregation who is from Oaxaca. She had her 15 year old son Felix, with her and her granddaughter. It was very nice to meet her. The sister took my brother, two more sisters and I to the tianguis, or open flea market, and chose to walk around. We did public witnessing and spoke to 5 different people. Ziv returned to visit a man he met last week. Giovanni. He asked him many questions about our beliefs, our stance on blood and meetings. He took him the BT book. Meanwhile, I spoke to a man named Hugo, a deportee, who now lives here selling pitbulls. I know, scary. I took out the famous Truth tract and read the 2nd question. I went again on Saturday but didnt find him. We walked some more and a young boy stopped us to offer us a cellphone deal. He gave us a flyer, but we noticed he spoke English. Ziv placed some literature with him and we conversed with him. His dad got deported and his family is from Southern California. He now works and is getting used to it here. Then I met a man named Jesse who was selling various home appliances. I asked him for the price of something in English, and he replied in English. I placed the Bible brochure with him because he said he reads the Bible. He seemed interested in knowing about the Bible in English. He also asked when I could return since he has a 15 yr old daughter. I will go back soon. On our way to our home we stopped at a cafe and asked about the specials. The main cook spoke English and we preached to her too. We got home and fixed up the house and studied a bit. That afternoon we had Teen Nite. Connor, a young brother from the Pacifico English, congregation conducted it. He is from Tenessee originally but has been here for 5 years now with his family. We had a total of 11 kids show. I enjoyed the chapter which was on lonliness. We had lots of feedback and it was motivating. Jehovah has provided everything us young ones worry about! I love how he cares for us.
I will write more about the rest of the week tomorrow. I will also attach photos. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment