1.15.2012

Tuesday Public Service

Tuesday:
I had a dear friend stay with me Monday, so the next morning she joined us in our activites through out the day. She recently returned from a trip to Mexico City and I thoroughly enjoyed the experiences she shared. She also showed us pictures of Bethel and the brothers she met in her trip. Well, my mom, brother and I, alon with Bradleigh went across to the States that day. We dressed informally but made sure to carry tracts with us and old magazines. From the moment we left our home we started to ask passersby if they spoke English. One man did speak Enlglish and we briefly spoke with him. As we neared Tijuana we stopped at a Pemex for gas and again took this as an opportunity to preach. At stoplights we'd ask the vendors if they spoke English and once we reached the border we continued doing so. We each spoke to somebody and placed literature. After crossing the border we stopped at McD's! It was a brief stop. We headed to the Library and also kept being discreet in our preaching. We checked out some books and left some English mags next to some Spanish ones. Each of us were hooked on our new books but our tummies soon reminded us of our physical need for alimentation! We were hungry and stopped at Trader Joes. I love TJ's!! :P I got a salad and the other 3 got some wraps. I had a bite of each, and they were yummy! We stopped preaching around that time...and continued on our errands that day. I thought it was a succesful day. We each practiced on developing the new methods of service, and I enjoyed it. It went well!

No comments:

Post a Comment