6.16.2012

6-17

Hey!!

I am at a cyber again sharing with you my latest dealings here... :)

One thing I have noticed that is different here from the US or Mexico are the keyboards. Its complicated learning how to use them. I often misspell words and wrong grammar appears in my typing. Excuse me if that occurs!

Something else regarding hygiene in many woman and girls is the lack of shaving. Im not accustomed to seeing girls my age with unshaven underarms. Its very usual to see that, and I am not used to it yet. I dont think I ever will be, but well, its their prerogative.A weird one.

Another little fact about here is the meaning of some words that in Mexico have a different meaning. Or just in the west have a different definition.

For example, torta. TORTA. What do you think of? In Mexico a torta is almost like a sandwich. Made up of a birote split in half with ham or a meat of your preference inside, with lettuce, mayo, avocado, onions, tomatoes, etc. Here in Ecuador, a torta is a cake! Like a chocolate or vanilla cake.
Tostada also has a different meaning here. It is a grilled cheese. Yep!

Anyways, what have I been up to!

I joined my mom on Wednsday to Santa Elena while she did lots of errands for the family. Shes been so busy since we got here and she is travelling a lot everyday. I also have been going out in service and visiting people I met the last few weeks. I finally have one set study!! Ill have to pass him on though. I have two other calls that are consistent, but I cant count it yet. Yesterday I visited an older man and only shared scriptures with him. Im trying to focus my message on Jah´s Kingdom and only using the Bible. The majority of the people here know Jehovahs name and they think that is enough, so I also have been making use of this months article in pages 16 and 17.

Yesterday I went to a small literature table we have on the Malecon with literature in various languages displayed. I was with the Munoz couple and they are from the Domincan Republic but have been serving here since the mid 90s. I saw several persons who spoke English but none stopped. Two ladies picked up books and two other men stopped looking at the literature. After being there almost two hours I had dinner with the Munoz´ at their home. Some of us went to watch Madagascar 3 afterwards.

Today I went out in service and worked with a sister named Manuela who is raising her granddaughter. She has taught her 4 year old granddaughter Kingdom Melodies and many scriptures. Shes memorized over 10 texts and knows another 6 songs. Its impressive. She even preached 3 times to different househoders! She would introduce herself and ask for their name. Then she´d ask if they wanted ot live in Paradise. Regardless of their answer shed say, ´You have to read the Bible.´and then she´d place a tract with them and whoever was with her would take over. It was lovely to see her!

The rest of my family has been well. My aunt is a little sick and my grandmothers legs ache, but they´re persevering. My aunt went to a Playas, a town a few hours away, to preach in Quichua yesterday and she had success! She placed 5 magazines to 5 different people who spoke Quichua. I think its impressive to hear of her hard studying giving fruit.

Tonight we have our Spanish meeting and tomorrow is the English groups meeting. Im excited for it! It will be my third meeting. Since last Sunday we had a group of kids come over to study for the Watchtower in English, I cant wait to see if they comment!

Winter will soon start here. It doesnt seem like it though, since it still is very humid and its not freezing and pouring. 


Thats pretty much it! I could explain more, but I have to go....


I miss you guys!

Write to me please!!!!!!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Mami se ve que has estado super ocupada en el ministerio me da mucho gusto que cada ves tienes mas oportunidades de verdades biblicas y dar a conocer el nombre de Jehova.
    te amo mi princesita
    tu papi

    ReplyDelete