6.20.2012

6-20

The month is almost over!

Been busy. My mom has been doing so much for the family since we got here. She travels everyday to Santa Elena and is doing business errands. Its a lot of walking! She takes advantage of that time to informal witness, and I know she is getting better at it.

On Saturday, on my way home from the Cyber after I had finished my last post, I had an animal encounter of the wild kind. :P
As I was approaching my home, I saw my aunt standing outside talking with my mom. They were about to go for me at the cyber which is about 1 long block away from our house, but instead waited for me once they saw me walking towards them. Well.......Unbeknown to us a small bird was flying around us trying to look for a place to land. I suddenly felt a semi heavy object land on my back. As I reached behind to flick it off, it landed on my hand too. I felt claws on my hand and then some scratches as I started to wave my arms. The perpetrator turned out to be a falcon or a lechusa. It was small compared to an adult sized bird. I still freaked out. Then about 2 minutes later I saw it flying towards me again! I ran into the house and didnt want to go out the rest of the afternoon. :P

My aunt, mom, and brother joined me this Monday to the pueblos in Guangala and Manantiales de Guanagala. I took many pictures, but I dont have my camera with me so you will have to wait for those pictures. It was a very succesful morning and I spoke with about 3 different persons. Later we headed to another area of Guangala. There my mom got bit by a small, sly dog. It didnt tear any meat, but it did wound her leg and make it bleed. We took her to a doctor where she got it disinfected. They didnt want to give her shots since they supposedly knew the dog she had described. Our day continued without any other animal encounter and my mom was able to continue walking, though it did hurt. It is still bruised and injured, and she had no symptoms of disease. Still, we want her to go to another doctor.

We all have been busy individually. My aunt goes off to Quichua and does her thing there. My grandparents either stay home or go to Santa Elena to preach in their congregations territory. My mom is super busy with errands in Santa Elena and shes constantly coming and going. My brother and I stay here in Salinas and go out preaching a lot. We also like to walk at the Boardwalk in the evenings with our neighbors.

Tomorrow Ill do some calls around the area and I hope Im able to count a few as studies.

This weekend my brother and I have been invited to go with some brothers and sisters ( our neighbors) to Billao. Its another town far out somewhere. I want to go!!

Well....I know I am brief but I had some pleasant conversations with several friends through Skype. If you have Skype this is my username: iamizmir

Guess what! I just preached to a man here who is form Tampa, Florida named Dan. He accepted the magazines and asked for where we met. Sadly, I dont really know how to give direction yet. I told him I am a Jehovah{s Witness and that we met at the Kingdom Hall. He then told me that he frankly doesnt want anythign to do with them. I said that was fine, but he could still keep the maagzines since the theme might be something thaty interested him. Religion and Policits. He said sure..

K...I am off now. Please tell others that my blogs website name has changed and is now izmirstravels.blogspot.com

Big Hugs!!!!!!!!


Izmir

1 comment:

  1. Hello Izmir..

    How is everyone?? Thank you for sharing. I always enjoy reading your posts.
    Hugs & kisses to all..

    Mari

    ReplyDelete