6.12.2012

Sucursal.

My whole family and I went to Bethel today. We arrived around 9:45 and were able to have a tour around 10. The sister who toured us turned out to be the same sister I had met 6 years ago in my first tour to the Ecuador Branch. She is now working in the Literature Department and her husband is in the Service Department. They are Jeff and Toni Toth, both from the US and have been here since their mid 20s. They are Gilead graduates and have also served as Circuit Overseers in the country. I really enjoyed meeting her and her husband. I was encouraged by their experience in the ocountry and also by their example in the ministry. They have been used in several facets of the ministry and It made me feel confident about the posibilities I have available.

Through out the morning I met several brothers and sisters who have known my grandparents for years. They would start to walk by, but then they would recognize eachother and stop and greet us. One of them was Br. Tamayo who is in the Branch Commitee and also in oversight of the Translation Dpt. I learned that Ecuador translates to 6 languages, some of which are Indigenous Languages like Shuar and Quichua. Quichua has 4 different variations of it, depending on the part of the country.

We also had lunch with a childhood friend of my aunt, who is know serving in the Branch. It was so yummy!! Camaron and spaghetti! Shrimp.

I got lots of literature! Books in Spanish that I didnt bring from Mexico and some magazines in English.

Later, after Bethel, we went to another town to go to a Funeral. Yesterday we found out while shopping that a brother my gramps knew had died the night before. We went to share our condolences.

After that we went to Ancon to see where it is my grandfather was born and raised. I saw the house where he was born!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow we have service and I need to pick up glasses.

I also met some cousins yesterday and saw an uncle today.

Hope youre all good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment