6.06.2012

Un resumen de dos dias en la predicacion.

El lunes fui a dos pueblos aislados llamados Guangala y Manatiales de Guangala con otros 5 hermanos y hermanas. Jacqueline, su esposo Fernando, Pedro Pablo, Joselyn y Anabell fueron mis companeros.
We first went to the smallest town of the two, Guangala. I joined Anabell on two of her studies, helped her start another and preached to those walking by. At the first study we read the 'Listen to God' brochure with an older, mature woman. She told us that her granddaughter had died the week before. Her granddaughter had suffered some vomiting and other symptoms which killed her from one day to the other. I thought it was terrible having her tell us this. We immediately took her to the Bible hope for our dead loved ones. She didnt react much to what we read, but at least she knows what Jah has promised. After reading two pages with her from the brochure we went to see another call. This young girl of about 13 turned out to be the sister of the girl who had died. She told us her sister was 17 and they had buried her the day before. We again shared with her John 5:28,29 and then lead her to the Chapter on the Resurrection in the BT book. She allowed us to go back in two weeks. Later that morning we also had a study with the cousin of the girl who had died. The whole little pueblo seems to be related somehow. Fernando said that they marry young in that pueblo and in between bcousins. Its interesting. :)
Around 11:30 we went to Manatiales and none of Anabell's studies studied. I preached informally to several people and others outside of their homes. I promised to visit them in two weeks and hopefully I can start my own studies with them. Around 3 we drove to a dam in the area and bought mandarins on the way. I saw cows, goats, sheep, lots of pigs and turkeys on the side of the road. The scenery is so pretty. We arrived home around 5pm and Jacqueline invited me for dinner.

Tuesday morning my mom, Ziv and I went out in service. Ziv stayed at the meeting for field service, but my mom and I just headed to our calls since we had limited time yesterday. We walked to my first call and didnt find her home, but spoke with her brother. I honestly didnt want to preach to her brother, but I thought, 'Ok the worst thing he could say is no, and if he says yes to my reading a scripture, then go for it!'  Well, when I asked if I could read him a scrupture, he said yes. I thought, 'Ok then, lets do it!' I began sharing with him the intro I had used with his sister the week before, but once I asked him one question on his viewpoint regarding John 6:15 he talked and talked. I thought thats was good, but we soon had to change our topic of conversation and start sharing other scriptures with him. He mentioned how he used to go to a Christian Church for one year, but longer does. He really likes learning about God and talking about it with others who share his high regard for it. He also said he thinks his mother and sister need this message to help them. This man is very observant and examines what he hears and sees. He told us that he notices how as a whole, mankind is becoming very selfish and egotistical. He dislikes the way it sometimes shows in him, but he tries to be different. He also said that people are loosing faith in whats good and in God. We read Proverbs 3:5,6 and told him how Jah is the perfect instructor and how he is the best to ask for guidance. He knows how to lead us. Christian, we learned his name to be, agreed and said that what we put in our heart can lead us to making decisions. He then said he wanted to share something that not any person would understand or share the same criteria as he. It was regarding something he noticed with his pastor that made him uncomfortable, but he also wanted to know that if his thinking was wrong to correct him. He began by stating how during a time he didnt have a job and the pastor at church knew about his situation. So one day the pastor comes up to him and tells him that since Christian had such an easiness with words and good persuasion he could work for the pastor at church. The pastor said he would have a good wage and that since more people would be interested due to his persuasion, that would bring more tithe and therefore more money. Christian told us that he was shocked and didnt know how to respond to the pastor. The pastor continued saying, 'Christian, look at me, I have a house, two cars, and my clothes are all nice. You dont have to worry about any more money issues..You'll get good pay!' Well, this made him feel so strange would think about his offer. Christian asked us if how he felt was ok, or what we thought about what happened. I thought that it was awesome to hear what Christian was telling us and asking us about this. We read Matt 10:8,9 and I told him to notice the instructions Jesus gave his disciples. Jesus gave them the responsibility to help and cure others, but never to ask for a wage or material gain. Jesus himself never asked for money. After talking a bit about this, he invited us into his patio to sit on a bench and table. My mom asked him to bring out his Bible and he did. We further spoke about this because he still wasnt sure of the money issue. Oh, and he also told us of how people in church dont always have enough for the tithe and they feel anxious about the end of  the month. What the pastor does is call the people to the front of the room to pay, and if you dont stand up, then everyone would know you didnt have enough to pay. They even marginate them. So my mom lead him to the account of the Widow and he read it. My mom explained that she gave because that is what she desired and could give. What mattered was her appreciation for Jah and the motive. She also wasnt humiliated because of the amount she gave. Likewise, we donate from our heart, when we can and are never humiliated. Then we read Matt 6:31-34 because it is what we live by. We ourselves are volunteers and dont get paid, so we have to work to be self sufficient. He was admired. He kept talking and then shared an anecdote with us. He really thinks and analyzes everything. He is a fast thinker. We were trying to finish the conversation since my mom and I still had to go to the market, but then I chose to ask him one final question. Why did he stop going to the Chirstian Church? He said it was because of his work schedule,  but that he has  gone to church and another one sometimes. Then he asked us about our meeting schedules, and since we had a meeting that evening he said he'd come. I believed him though, in contrast to others who say they will go, but dont. Anyways, we left him the June magazines and set a time for Saturday. I felt very good about the whole conversation. My mom was also a great help, so I appreciate her joining me yesterday.

SOOOOOOOOOO.......After service I did a lot of informal witnessing on the bus en route to the market and on our way home.

I also do want to mention that my mom and I individually prayed about Christian and I asked for him to go to the meeting. I prayed that the texts we shared reach his heart. On our way to the Kingdom Hall I was wondering if he would be there. As I entered I was so glad to see that he was already there. Another brother who had met him a year ago had offered to sit with him and helped him get a seat. He had dressed for the occasion and I was very happy to see him. We didnt sit with him but I was sure the other brother would help him. I prayed that what he saw and heard would impact him in a good way.

After the meeting I approached him and I could see how he was just taking it all in. Everyone was being so friendly with him and some would small talk with him. He said he thought the information was all good and that he liked the way the audience participated. The school was something he also enjoyed, since it showed how two people can share similar thoughts about the Bible. It was a new experience for him but he liked it. He also liked the wasy we spoke to him in such a comfortable way. I read John 13:35 to him, because I thought it would explain better why we all treat eachother the way we do. I told him this happens everywhere. World wide. The other brother who had helped him  named Alfredo told him that we also all are Bible teachers and do it becasue we want to. He was amazed. He asked about the Saturday meeting and I gave him a copy for the WT study. I read the summary in the intro and invited him again. He liked the title on betrayal.

Well, that was the experience of the week! I pray that he continues to come to the meetings. Im excited.
So far, I see that he is Honest, Hungry for spiritual truth and Humble about learning. HOPE SO!!!

My little brother also started a study with Alfredo this morning. He is going out in service a lot. My brother is starting to take the bus on his own from the territory home. He of course, loves it. Im glad...he's becoming a little pioneer!

My aunt is helping out the Quichua congregation and learning the language. She has been able to start conversations with some indigenous speakers. Im happy for her.

Sunday we went to the morning session of the Circuit Assembly and then went to the English group meeting in the afternoon. After the meeting we went to the beach with the young ones who went from Muey. It was soo fun playing Soccer. Then we ran into the water and walked a bit on the Malecon. It was great getting to know other young ones. We also had empanandas with GUACAMOLE!!! SO YUMMY..

Well, thats it for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment