12.12.2010

DC Nov 19-21...Friday.

I know that it has taken me a while to write about the DC we had here in Baja for the first time, so I will quickly give an overview of what happened and share some pictures along the way.

Friday: Friday Morning I drove with a sister and her family to get to the Assembly Hall around 7:45. That morning she, some others and I had our last rehearsals with brother De La Mora at 8ish. I got some seats, said hello to some friends and went backstage. I was very excited!! While I waited for our turn, I met a brother and sister from Mazatlan that also had to rehearse for their interview/talk for the afternoon. Since I was in the group of brothers Br DLM was interviewing last, they decided we would go 1 at a time, so I would be left on stage alone! I hadnt planned on that, but everything turned out well...Thanks Jah! Once we were done, we sighed, and then went on greeting friends. I took some pictures and below are a few.



This is Ana, my new friend who recently moved from Las Vegas with her brother and dad. I really like her. Do you think we look alike? Some confuse us...lol.



This was a few moments later and by order from left ro right we are: Ana, Myself, Jeremy $, Bradleigh $, and Gus DLM.





These are all from my old hall...Ana, Aimee, Chen, Myself and Brad.


Ok, so after a few pictures, I went back to the Auditorium, texted my mom about the whereabouts of our seats and waited until the Program began. The C.O. told us to go back stage 30 mins before our talk, so right after the prayer..I went to the back. While we waited we all spoke in low voices and prayed...I was gettin nervous! Then, we realized that one brother was missing and we started to worry. 5 minutes went by and nothing, 10 minutes...nada. So, a brother went to look for him, and still didnt see him. We waited a little while more and he finally arrived with a huge smile on his face...we were relieved. We all started to count donw the minutes and then we saw Br. Malet-Veale finish his talk and we knew we were next! We got in our order of appearance and waited in the stairs. Since I was last, I didnt worry yet, but when one by one the brothers started getting off, I knew It was almost my turn. So, the time came, and I felt confident and I dont remember feeling nervous at that moment, I felt happy and good. When it was all over we went back to our seats and I found my family there waiting for me. The rest of the day was great...I was so happy and got great info. I took a lot of notes and was able to meet some of the brothers who gave talks during the Intermission. I wish I wouldve taken some pictures with the friends I saw, but forgot I had my camera hanging on my shoulder...Ugh! Izmir, Izmir....Well, after it finished I saw some more friends. I went looking for Br Loflin and asked him about our rehearsals. The Cast for the Drama met backstage almost an hour after it had finished and we changed into our costumes. We ran through it once, did great on the costume changes and it all worked out...We were all hungry and tired so once we finished we left. We got home and my family was already eating, so we ate then changed and got our clothes ready for the next day. Zzzz....

Oh, heres one picture that I took after Fridays Session.
This picture is of Brad, Ziv and I with Braden, a friend we met at the last Assembly we had. He lives in Puerto Penasco, but was originally from Arizona.


No comments:

Post a Comment