12.04.2010

L.A..!!!

Friday, December 3rd.

Today I could have been on a plane to Ecuador. Why am I not on a plane traveling there now? I thought about that question today throughout the days activities. More so since I was in L.A., the city were I would have been leaving from. Well, I found this great deal a few weeks ago, weeks, that cost 370$ form LAX to GYE. I so wished I could've made all the plans a once, but it was too soon. And I wasnt ready. But still, you can wish and dream, right? Ha.
 Ok, so today was actually fun. I got up earlier today and had a small incident with a medium sized black eery spider on my pillow. Kinda freaky, but all was fine a few minutes later. We all were supposed to be ready in 15 minutes, but more like an hour later, we all were (including my granmother who still insisted it was not enough time). She makes me laugh. We first went to get some info on some stuff we are trying to soon get. Wont say much till for sure. :) I thought we'd be there a long time and was wrong, since we were out in about 30 mins. The adults in the car were unsure of where to go after so we drove a few mins (like 5) until they all came to the agreement that we'd go to eat..........I was super duper glad! I really was hoping we would go to this yummy delicious Restaurant called Versailles...Its Cuban, and I obviouslly hadnt been there in a while since it had been remodeled a bit inside. Only a few costumers were there when we arrived, since it wasnt exactly lunch time yet, but I knew that would change by the time we left! I shared a plate with my mom, the Versailles Chicken with plantains. By the time we left, it had filled up! My aunt and mom then chose to go to LACMA, after a bit of nagging from my brother and me...hehehe...Not really, but we did go and 4 of  us got in for free but my grandma had to get a ticket. We saw an expo/talk on Edgar Degas, a painter my aunt really likes. And as we walked from room to room, we also got to see some paintings by Claude Monet. At 3pm a tour was to be given in another building on Fashioning Fashion...a topic I am interested in. As we walked to the other building we saw groups of students on tours and also large posters on an upcoming expo on Tim Burton....I really want to see that!! It opens March!! Well, the tour was going to take 50 mins while we saw the different changes in clothing during the centuries. This collection only was made up of 250  or so attires, but the complete one was 1.000!! It truly was impressive. In the same building we thereafter also heard a tour on the Olmec. That also was impressive. They had a collection on the Olmec Culture and I learned a lot more about them. They had original artefacts, from statues to small hunting tools, to figurines, and 2 huge heads. They were amazing. Oh and another cool fact was that they were before the Mayans and they lived in the Oaxaca region, also invented the Religious Calendar and were avid athletes. This is the first time Mexico City has ever allowed this collection to be sent out of the country and LACMA felt very fortunate, as well as I. It was 5pm or so and already the sun was setting. We left the museum and I was in a happy mood... :)
We didnt want to go to the Freeway right away so we chose to go to the Farmers Market and drive around the Grove area. We did get off, and bought some sweets. I got some Frozen Yogurt and my mom spotted out an actress who is really tall and I couldnt really tell who she was, but my aunt and mom could. I loved it there!! So much stuff!!! We got back into our cars and then we decided to go back home. Much to our dismay, there was still a lot of traffic, we got home about an hour and 20 mins later.  My grandpa and uncle were already home and were done with their homework. They also had a good day learning. We ate some tacos and I read my new book..which I am almost done reading now.
 Sat, Dec 4th

This morning, I heard noise around me but didnt want to get up. But that is sorta difficult when you are sleeping on the couch in the living room where all the commotion is going on. My grandpa and uncle were already ready and almost ready to leave to their classes. My aunt was showering, my brother was already getting ready for service and in the kitchen oh and my mom was also up. My grandma and I were the only ones still in bed and it was barely 7:35!!!  Ok, maybe I should have gotten up earlier, but I did then and was ready and out the door by 7:55. We started street witnessing and  placed a mag with a man that seemed pleasant. We werent  out long before we went to Rachels house, a sister that I mentioned before, who was moving today. We helped her load some of her belongings onto the truck. I waited a while in the car and then we went to her new place and un loaded. Her new place is in a city I very much like, Claremont. I love it there...sigh. Ok, so by then we were late for the field service mtg and chose to drive by the house to see what my grandma was up to. Well, she was up and already writing some letters. She said she had called us several times, but my aunts phone has been acting very strange and was in that particular mode this morning. So, we stayed and had some breakfast ( I read while I ate) and then left once again. We did some Return Visits, but then it started to drizzle a bit, so we chose to finish up. It was 1pm or so and my brother and I had some Dentist/Orthodontist appointments to go to, so we headed there. At my first appointment, which was with the Ortho Dr., they told me I definitely need Braces..which I already knew. I hope I do get some, but I dont think it wil be any time soon. I then walked to the Dentist, signed up, waited, was called in and had some Xrays done. Then I spoke a bit with the Dentist, they called my mom in, said I had no cavities (Yay!!!) and again confirmed that Yes I do need Braces. Ok, so after all this, they did my cleaning while in the background I heard the peaceful, relaxing (not) sounds of a grown man who was obviouslly not enjoying himself and was crying and choking with his own saliva...and complaining...not pleasant!! Ha, but I almost pictured my dad being that man....:) Ziv also got good news, he had no cavities!!! A relief for him and me...hehehe. We had to wait about 30 mins for the flouride to do something, and my mom chose to celebrate by eating, so while we drove to Wahoos, the flouride kicked in. We spit a lot on the way...eeww..:P We soon arrived and I only had to wait another 5 mins, by then the food arrived and all was good. I got some cool Vans Stickers too. Before driving back home, we stopped by Food4Less and bought some water and milk. Now, Ive been home and we talked with my grandpa who said he enjoyed his class today. I still havent changed and have been here trying to finish this. Hehehe...I have to go now and finish studying for the W.T. Talk to you later!!!



PS: Here are some pictures from my grandmas computer that she took of the Assmebly and stuff...

Ziv playing Ziph

My granparents

Me (blurry) but me...being interviewed

My mom with Ziv after HIS baptism. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment