4.04.2012

Packing!

So this week we have been packing. Actually all last week and part of this week. We've been able to go out in service since yesterday to support the last days of the Memorial campaign. Im excited about how many show up for attendance. We will have our Memorial talk given by Robert Cobb and have it held at Salon Las Americas across from the Rosarito Beach Hotel. Ive enjoyed being out in service again. Within these two days Ive spoken with various people and have had great experiences. I think its Jehovahs way of reminding us that he appreciates our efforts and is blessing us. I am rambling a bit, but I can think much about what Im writing. Im letting thoughts and events flow. I need to continue packing!

I had already gone through my closet and supposedly gotten rid of what I didnt want. Well, in a way thats true. I did get rid of what I didnt want, but now Im going through it again and seeing things I havent worn, or that no longer fit me or I wont be able to use in Ecuador. I love the feeling of simplifying and also the act of giving to my other friends. I had so much clothes. I think it was preposterous. Sigh.

Anyways, we've been trying hard to sell our things, everything. And we've had some sort of success, but whats awesome is the fact that we actually have a man who just showed up and bought practically everything that was left to sell. I really hope he follows through. It would be wonderful! But, the downside it that I wont have a bed anymore starting tomorrow. :( Itll be temporary though. We've also told various brothers and sisters to just come and get clothes. They're coming and we are emptying out!

Well, yesterday I went out until like 4 or so and had a succesful day. We first went to the territory and I worked with Lusma Aceves. I really admire her family and their experience as to why they had to come to Mexico. Maybe in another post I will add more details about her family. I think her husband and herself are living examples of how Jehovah changes peoples lives. Its awesome, and I love being a witness to their progress. I was with her in the morning and learned more about her past and herself. For lunch we joined the Aceves couple, the Avila couple and Sara DLM. I spoke with Sara about our move, and also about her husband. We went to the field service meeting at 1:15 and had the Duran family join our car group for calls. After three intents, our car didnt start. We figured it was the gas, so both my mom and Nereida left to get gas in Nereidas car. Nereida is the Duran girls mom and has been in Mexico for about 5 years, maybe more. After that ordeal we began doing my calls. I wanted to make sure I would visit them all before tomorrow night and give each an invite. We first went to see this Otavaleno family who is originally from the Andes in Ecuador. They are actual indigenous people from Ecuador who moved to Mexico to sell artisan work. I think artisan is a word, excuse me if it isnt. I went to their Curio shop in the main blvd and was able to share with them the BT book in Quechua. I got it when I went to Walkill. Quechua is the second official language of Ecuador and is spoken by many indigenous persons that live in the Andes area. She read the cover and I was thrilled. I translated what I could remember it meant in spanish and promised to return. I also told them we are moving back to Ecuador in a month and they couldnt believe it. They were happy, but also wish it was them going back.

So, I know thats only one experience and there's one more I would like to share about yesterday but Im tired and will share it next time. I spoke with a Priest. Tonight we saw The Lorax as a Dad and kids night. I enjoyed it thought it was brief.

Ill write more for sure and also probably continue to write once I arrive in Ecuador. I might have to change the name of my blog!!!

Ok, hope you're all busy and have a succesful Memorial!!

Agape Love,

Izmir - Janai

No comments:

Post a Comment