5.04.2012

Tlaxcala, Tlaxcala

We just came back home about 2 hours ago from Tlaxcala, Tlaxcala. We were in Apizaco yesterday, which is another state in Tlaxcala. Today though we did some sightseeing in the Capital and walked even more. We went to see some stairs that represent something. Im sorry, I should know, but I cant remember. We also got 5 peso IceCream that was homemade. It was really good and thirst quenching. We walked in the Central Tlaxcala Park and saw a band playing Danzon. Many elderly couples were dancing to it. It was such a nice thing to see. We had our sandwiches and also other snacks. I bought Membrillo, a Trompo and some bracelets. I am tired and now want to watch a movie. Ill just include pictures...I dont want to type much. :)

Enjoy them!


These are from yesterday.


This is on our way to Apizaco. I took a nap the whole way, so my Mom took this picture.

This is at the Candy Store. I bought lots. I was so  glad with the prices. 


At my cousins school. Her name is Nasya Saori and she is 3. We all joined her on the swings.




This is at Pollos Guerrero. Look at all the flavors you can choose from!!!



This is with my aunts Bible Teacher and her family. AKA the Lopez family. They are from Chicago and their kids are 10 and 8.

Nasya really likes my brother. She follows him EVERYWHERE.

At the Train/Railroad Museum. 



THESE ARE PICTURES OF TODAY...





This is on another Bus that took us to Tlaxacala

These are the stairs we had to climb. There is water cascading from the top.


We finally arrived to the top!! These youngsters were the first to arrive.



My mom and aunt on their slow escalade to the top. They made it finally- a whole generation later! :P

Once we began to walk around town we walked by a series of streets filled with stores offering Mariachi Bands. It was really cool. 


At the park later during the Danzon music playing. The dancing was so cute!! I imagined my grandparents dancing amongst them. 

We walked by this vendor who sold a large variety of nuts. 6 pesos a cup. That is equivalent to 50 US cents.

These are Trompos made in Tlaxcala. I bought one! But not from among these. 



We went to a museum where you learned about Tlaxcalas history, culture and agriculture. We found her in the second floor making soemthing. I still dont know the name of what it was.


Anyways, she cut it and put it around my waist. She was selling it for 100 pesos, but I didnt have enough money. It took her one week to finish it. She also told us she lives in a small town 3 or 4 hours away from Tlaxcala.


Some mannequins we saw at the Museum. These are used for festivals through out the state of Tlaxcala.


One our way back we saw a volcano. You can see it in the background.



No comments:

Post a Comment