9.03.2012

Korean Letter

This is the long awaited letter from one of my friends in Korea. His name is Hyuk Kang or Daniel Kang. He is 23 or 24 now. I met him with his brother last year in October at the Bossert Hotel with my family. He is one of the first persons I met my first night there. I really came to appreciate their stand for Jehovah and this letter just reaffirms it. Hope it makes you think about what they have to sacrifice for Jehovah and what we are willing to sacrifice. Excuse some of his English mistakes.

Here it is!

Hello! Izmir!

Im so sorry this reply too late. It has been too busy to adapt to the new Korean life. I had been in Canada only 4 years, but living in Korea was weird when I came back. I think my life in Canada and memories I had were so nice. Plus! The memories we had in the Bossert were soooo gooood!!!

Hows everything going? And How are you and your family? Id love to say hello to everyone. My little brother is in prison now. He received one and half an year sentence. (16 months) He is in Suwon Detention Center, took 20 mintues from my house. He has been there about 20 days. I think he is doing good. And the staff work there treat brothers well. Now my brother use double room alone. He said he can touch the walls when he strech his arms.                          Can you imagine how small it is?

(In the letter he drew a small drawing of what it is.)


I have final trial on Friday, 13th July. So you might receive this letter after I get into Jail.^-^

I hope you pray for about 800 brothers in prison in Korea. It will be a greatest help to them. And they can endure all the difficulties. Thank you for your mail again and you can mail my brother to: .......................
I thank you again. Take care of your health! I hope Jehovahs blessing on you everyday! Bye!


So that is the letter I received from Hyuk and it made me cry so much. I shared it with my aunt and uncle thereafter and the London sisters. It also made Monika cry. After I read this letter I read his younger brothers one and was so touched. They are both in prison now and I have sent them letters in response with my uncle. I also told some of my friends here to write to them and 3 did.

Please tell me, what do you think about the letter?





1 comment:

  1. wow!!! izmir. It really really touched it got me teary eye. We all go through different difficulties but wow! may Jehovah take care of them.

    ReplyDelete