9.28.2012

Me Singing

Since I arrived to Ecuador I have been singing at various gatherings and parties. I sang last week at a 'guitarrada' we organized. Several kids brought their guitars and others their vocal chords to sing along. I happen to love the songs I sanf that evening a lot. They will forever be a part of me. The first one I sang was ''Sone" from Zoe with my brother Ziv and the second song was 'B.I.L.L.I.E. H.O.L.I.D.A.Y.' from Warpaint. I have been trying to learn how to play that song for over 5 months and for this little gathering, I was not able to master the song. Anyways, I asked several of those present if they could try to learn a song I wanted to sing, and one went for it! Asly is his name and he did change the strumming a little, but it was still great. He lived in Spain for 7 years and returned 3 years ago. He also recently moved from Guayaquil to Santa Elena about 1 montha ago. So, I mixed the lyrics, but I still think we did a good job. Plus, it was for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment